At dula we believe sustainability is our future.
We only use fabric that are made from recycled materials.
To learn more about the fabrics we use click here.
The hang tags are 100% recycled without any bleach process.
They are tied with a Hemp Cord which is a great biodegradable and less resource-intensive alternative to synthetic and cotton twine.
We send our products completely plastic free.
- The products are wrapped in tissue paper supplied by noissue who use soy based ink – an eco-friendly alternative to petroleum-based inks. The swimwear come in 100% cotton reusable drawstring bags. They are then sent to you in a Kraft mailer box, something you can reuse and recycle.
- Thankyou cards are also from noissue, made from 100% FSC certified recycled paper, printed with soy based inks making it 100% compostable.
- The box is taped with water-activated tape from noissue, the gloss and wax on normal tapes do not break down in composting conditions, nor are they biodegradable, hence why having water-activated paper tape is a positive for packaging sustainably.
- All the tissue paper, thankyou card and tape are compostable, meaning they are made from a number of renewable plant-based materials. Paper products are a great addition to the backyard compost as it helps with the carbon-nitrogen ratio. If you don’t have a home compost, you can look at local options for communal compost sites, or somewhere you can drop off items for commercial composting.
- It is then sent to you with the environmentally friendly shipping labels that are made from 100% recycled material, processed chlorine-free and is recyclable.
In September 2021 we added a new option to our bikini tops, the option to add padding. This way, only the people who want padding can receive them and for those who don't need padding they can enjoy the bikinis as they are and prevent the padding from going to waste.
We also offer paper hygiene liners instead of plastic.
We believe that it’s the small decisions we make everyday that create change, so if you have any ideas or suggestions please contact us to make a change step by step.